Search This Blog

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Collaboration Tools

I am not a "twitter-er" but I can see how it could be useful for teachers and other professionals to share information and ideas. I am constantly looking for more websites and resources to use with my students and to use with the other teachers in my school regarding technology. I would love to know the site that the person who Karen follows was talking about in the tweet about new websites for education. Do any of y'all have any good sites you would like to share?

I like CoverItNow but I would have a hard time using that in my classroom, esp. with the level of the students that I teach. I can see how it could be used in the classroom with students,esp. if they are in a lab setting with computers right in front of them. BUT, you would need to have a rubric and make sure that there are ground rules to the postings.

I am excited about going out and finding some of the Nings that we were shown tonight, esp. on the interactive ones, like the Smartboard Revolution and the Interactive Whiteboard Revolution. Those will be great to use for new ideas and new ways to use the Smartboard in my classroom.

3 comments:

  1. April - I am thinking that you should start a ning. You have so much technology knowledge that you utilize with your EMD students, you would be an awesome resource.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cool idea! I wonder if someone out there has created one that I could join. If not, I may create it! :) Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. April that is a great idea. I want to create a blog site with my students with smart board capabilities. I am not a twitter either but IA think my students parents would love to be able to get on the web and help their student's with activities they do in the classroom

    ReplyDelete